Healthy Gluten-Free Taco Salad
A lighter version of the well known 'Doritos Taco Salad'
Ground Chicken Meat for Tacos Ingredients
- 1 lb organic ground chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1x serving of taco season made from scratch or 1 packet of store bought taco season. season from scratch recipe available at www.abusykitchen.com
- 1 head of organic iceberg lettuce chopped into small pieces
- 1 bag of Siete Grain-Free Nacho Chips or Siete Grain-Free Dip Chips
- 1 large side of homemade pico de gallo or 1 store bought package of pico de gallo pico de gallo recipe available www.abusykitchen.com
- 1 package shredded mexican cheese
- 1 8 OZ package of microgreens
- 1 batch pickled onions pickled onion recipe at www.abusykitchen.com
Taco Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup f So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Yogurt
- 1 cup Sky Valley Taco Sauce
Ground Chicken Taco Meat Instructions
Add 3 tbsp avocado oil to pan and heat on medium heat
Once the oil is heated, add diced yellow onion and saute for 7-10 minutes until soft and translucent. I cook these low and slow
Once onions are cooked, leave them in the pan, and turn up heat to between medium and medium high and add the organic ground chicken. Cook ground chicken with the onions, continuously chopping up the meat until it is ground thin.
Add minced garlic to the cooked chicken and cook until fragrant.
Once the garlic is fragrant, add the prepared taco seasoning to the pan and 1/3 cup water. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
Taco Salad Dressing Instructions
Mix together equal parts of the the Sky Valley Taco Sauce and So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt.
optional: To give the dressing an extra kick, an option is to add fresh squeezed lime!
Assemble Taco Salad
Place chopped iceberg lettuce in serving bowl with microgreens flanking either side.
Add Gluten-free Siete chips along the outer side of the bowl so they stay crunch until you are ready to eat.
Add ground chicken to center of bowl.
Add pico de gallo and pickled onions to salad.
Add cheese to salad.
Top with the dressing.