CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
What will you need for Taco Tuesday?
**Siete Grain Free Avocado Oil Taco Shells**
**1 lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef**
**1x per 1lb of Taco Meat of this TACO SEASON RECIPE**
**Green Chile Salsa**
**Organic Valley Mexican Cheese**
Why make your own Taco Seasoning?
The Taco seasoning you buy at the store can be filled with all kinds of things that you don’t want to put into your body. Did you know the Ortega Taco Season Packet contains sugar, cornstarch, yeast extract and even artificial coloring?!? These are not things you want to put in your body. The AllRecipes website has a tremendous make-your-own seasoning recipe. It is the only one I ever use!!
Click here to get the taco seasoning recipe I use! You can see by the reviews its a popular one!
Why Grain Free Shells?
Eating grains can lead to a number of health issues, including diabetes, heart disease, obesity and inflammatory issues.
However.. with the health benefits of grain free tacos aside…
THE NUMBER ONE REASON TO EAT THESE TACOS IS THE TASTE. THEY ARE CRISP, A LITTLE SWEET. THEY ARE SO DELICIOUS, WE CRAVE THEM ALL THE TIME!!!
Once you try these shells, you will never go back.
Many people experience positive changes with the switch to a gluten-free grain-free diet. After a little research, you may find that switching to a grain-free diet might improve your gut health, and overall make you feel much better. I get these tacos through THRIVE MARKET. You can also find them at Whole Foods and some Targets. I’ve always had the most luck through Thrive Market. They are cheaper there than in the stores.
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission. Know that I only recommend products, tools, services and learning resources I’ve personally used and believe are genuinely helpful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to purchase them. Most of all, I would never advocate for buying something that you can’t afford or that you’re not yet ready to implement.
Click here to order you Siete Grain Free here!
Why Grass-Fed Beef?
If you don’t use GRASS-FED beef you are doing yourself an injustice. There are a LOT of reasons that grass-fed beef is better for you. The main reason I buy grass-fed beef is because I don’t want the GMO-corn and GMO-grain feed that they give the cows, anywhere near my body. You have to remember, whatever the cow eats, you are eating.
Read here to educate yourself a little better. The other reason all the beef I buy is grass-fed is the taste. I suppose this is a personal preference, but in my opinion grass-fed beef has a clean beef flavor. Regular beef always seems to taste of grease to me…not my preference.
There is a misconception that ground beef is more expensive. I usually get my ground beef at a local butcher or through THRIVE MARKET! THRIVE MARKET WILL DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR..!! Very reasonably priced! Walmart and Aldi both have fantastic grass-fed beef for under $6.00.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE SIETE SHELLS. YOU CAN HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR!!! SHOP OTHER GRAIN FREE SIETE PRODUCTS ALSO!
Assemble a taco bar!!
Some of the products I used
I will put a link to some of the items that I use for the tacos. If you can’t find these exact ingredients, use similar products that use clean oils, such as Avocado Oil and Olive Oil. Shredding your own cheese is best, but for shredded cheese, this is my go-to. Also add all of your favorite taco toppings that I didn’t include here. Please comment below with additional ideas for taco toppings!
505 Southwestern Green Chile Salsa
West Side Original Salsa (Cleveland Local)
My Taco Recipe !
A Busy Kitchen’s Ground Beef Tacos
- Sheet tray -for cooking tacos
- 4 quart stainless steel pan
- measure spoons
- measure cups
- OXO Brand Meat Chopper… or any meat chopper will do
- cutting board
- cutting knives
Bill Echols Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp seat salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pack Siete Hard Shell Grain Free Tacos
- 2-3 diced organic vine tomatoes….or tomatoes of choice
- 4 large cloves garlic minced No jar garlic!
- 1 large diced organic yellow onion
- 1 pack Organic Valley shredded mexican cheese
- 1 container salsa of choice
- 1 container green chile salsa of choice
- 1 container sour cream or dairy free sour cream
- 6 tbsp Chosen Food Avocado Oil
- 1 lb grass-fed beef
- pre-heat oven to 400 degrees for taco shells. mix of all the ingredients for the taco seasoning and set aside
- add 3 tbsp olive oil to pan and heat on medium heat
- once the oil is heated, add diced yellow onion and saute for 7-10 minutes until soft and translucent. I cook these low and slow while I prep the Taco Bar.
- once onions are cooked, leave them in the pan, and turn up heat to between medium and medium high and add ground beef. cook ground beef with the onions, continuously chopping up the meat until it is ground thin.
- once the beef is cooked through and there is no more pink in it, is time to drain the grease.
- after the grease is drained, add minced garlic to the pan along with the beef and onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add the prepared taco seasoning to the pan and 1/3 cup water. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- While the seasoning is simmering in the beef, put the taco shells into the pre-heated oven. I always cook for 4 minutes and they come out perfect!
- assemble your taco bar with whatever toppings you would like
- serve and enjoy!