Nutrient Dense Southwest Chicken Microgreen Quesadilla
Southwest Chicken Microgreen Quesadilla
This is a quesadilla like no other! This Southwest Chicken Microgreen Quesadilla recipe will be your new go-to meal when time is short and you need a tasty and nutrient packed lunch. If you have every wondered how to make quesadillas, this is the recipe you want to try first because you will never need another one! Not only is this quesadilla packed full of proteins and nurtrients, but it taste delicious and will surely be a fan favorite appetizer at any party!
What you will need to make this Southwest Chicken Microgreen Quesadilla
1 – 8 ounce flour tortilla (I used Tumaro’s Tortillas)
1 cup Microgreen Blend
1/2 cup lightly shredded mexican cheese
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup black beans – drained and rinsed
1/2 cup corn- drained and rinsed
1/2 cup diced tomato
3/4 cup diced grilled chicken
2 ounces of Green Chili Salsa
Siracha or Taco Sauce
Avocoda Oil Spray
Celtic Sea Salt
What are Microgreens?
I added Microgreens to this Southwest Chicken Quesadilla to take it to the next level with taste and healthy benefits! Microgreens are tiny, immature seedlings of your everyday veggies, herbs and other plants. If you don’t know some of the benefits of microgreens, click here to learn! I used a SPICY SALAD MIX of MICROGREENS that I get from a local grower where I live…if you are in the Cleveland, Ohio area…check them out ! Check local grocery stores, and local community pages to find microgreens farmer in your area!
How to make this Southwest Chicken Microgreen Quesadilla
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Spray skillet with Avocado Oil Spray.
3. Lay tortilla in non-stick skillet.
4. Cover the whole tortilla with half of the cheese. Then on one half of the tortilla, add corn, black bleans, tomatoes, red onion. Top vegetables with a pinch of salt.
5. Add chicken to the same side of the tortilla with the vegetables.
6. Add 1/2 of the microgreens to the opposite side of the tortilla across from the chicken/veggie mix.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the toppings.
8. Allow to cook open face for 3-4 minutes or until cheese melts.
9. Once cheese is melted, fold quesadilla in half .
10. Continue to cook, flipping every minute and a half until quesadilla is cooked to desired crunch! Garnish with siracha or taco sauce and used Green Chili Sauce for dipping. Place remaining microgreens on top of quesadilla. Enjoy!
Southwest Chicken Microgreen Quesadilla
- 1 8 ounce flour tortilla (I used Tumaros Tortillas)
- 1 cup microgreen blend
- 1/2 cup lightly shredded mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn- drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 3/4 cup diced grilled chicken
- 2 ounces green chili salsa
- 1 Siracha or Taco Sauce for garnish
- 1 Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray skillet with Avocado Oil Spray.
- Lay tortilla in non-stick skillet.
- Cover the whole tortilla with half of the cheese. Then on one half of the tortilla, add corn, black bleans, tomatoes, red onion. Top vegetables with a pinch of salt.
- Add chicken to the same side of the tortilla with the vegetables.
- Add 1/2 of the microgreens to the opposite side of the tortilla across from the chicken/veggie mix.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the toppings.
- Allow to cook open face for 3-4 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Once cheese is melted, fold quesadilla in half .
- Continue to cook, flipping every minute and a half until quesadilla is cooked to desired crunch! Garnish with siracha or taco sauce and used Green Chili Sauce for dipping. Place remaining microgreens on top of quesadilla. Enjoy!
What I used to make this Quesadilla
I am a participant in several affiliate programs including the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All linked items are ones that I truly love, fit my style, and would use in my own home.
TUMARO’S Carb Wise Wraps are a healthy alternative to traditionally higher-carb and calorie-laden sandwich breads. Skip the sandwich and enjoy a wrap instead! They are only 60 calories and 5 net carbs! I eat these wraps all the time!! So delish.
11-inch Diameter, 1.75-inches Deep, 19.75-inches long overall.
5-layer clad-aluminum construction with brushed stainless steel exterior; durable stainless steel and aluminum body distributes heat quickly and evenly and boasts superb heat retention.
THIS WILL BE THE LAST NON-STICK YOU EVERY BUY!
Perfectly sized for use as individual butter crocks or for serving spreads, seasonings, grated cheeses and other garnish.
Among Sky Valley Foods’ line of exciting International Sauces, this specialty taco sauce is inspired by the flavors of South America and is the perfect accompaniment to traditional Mexican food.
The all-natural, clean ingredients including tomatoes, cayenne peppers, onions and spices give this non-GMO, vegan and gluten-free taco sauce a rich and tangy taste.
AWESOME TASTE – All natural Gluten Free, GMO Free, Hatch Valley Chile Made in the USA. Two glorious bottles of Roasted Green Hatch Valley Chiles
ORGANIC HOME MICROGREENS GROWING KIT with EVERYTHING you need to be successful growing your own nutritious Microgreens from the convenience of your home or office. Microgreens don’t need much light so you can put your kit near a window or in a room with regular ceiling lighting. Microgreens grown in soil produce the most yield over other mediums such as hydroponic systems.