Jar Rao’s Marinara Sauce with Ground Beef
1 28 oz jar of Rao’s Homemade Marinara
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1 lb of grass fed ground beef
3 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
4-5cloves of minced garlic
Celtic sea salt to taste
1 large sweet onion diced very small
Ground Pepper to taste
Jackie’s Rao’s Ground Beef Marinara
A jazzed up version of jar marinara sauce
- 1 28oz jar Rao's Homemade Marinara
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp italian seasoning
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp celtic sea salt ….to taste
- 1 large sweet onion chopped small
- 1 1 tsp ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- Heat sauce pan on medium. Add 2 tbsp olive to pan and add diced onion. Add 1.5 tbsp of Italian seasoning. Add tiny pinch of salt. Cook them low and slow and cook until almost caramelized.
- After onions wilted and slightly caramelized, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Turn heat up just a bit…(between medium and medium high) and add ground beef. Add 1.5 tbsp of Italian seasoning. It may seem like a lot, but it will enhance sauce and become fragrant!
- When beef is about 2/3 cooked and still slightly pink, add garlic. Cook for a few more minutes until garlic is soft and beef is cooked through.
- Once beef is cooked through, drain grease.
- After grease is drained, add full jar of 28 oz Rao's Homemade Marinara sauce. Then fill empty jar of marinara sauce with water and shake it in jar, to get last bit of sauce out. Pour the entire jar of tomato water into sauce. Add a pinch more Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper….and continue to simmer sauce.
- Let sauce simmer for at least a half an hour, or more if desired. You can continue to add water to sauce if you leave it on stove. The longer it cooks, the more rich the flavor will be. Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning as desired to taste.