Jackie’s Veggie Soup
I’ve learned a lot about eating healthy and how to actually execute it. Eating healthy does take some work, there is no way to get around that! There is the planning, the shopping, the chopping, the cooking and there cleaning. But is there anything more important than putting pure, immune boosting, anti-inflammatory foods into yourself and the ones you love? What you put into your body will effect every aspect of your life….mentally and physically! So join me in some fun food prep!
Today, I am going to share with you a soup that is beneficial and nourishing! The best part about it is that it can be made ahead for the entire week!! This soup recipe makes about 6-8 bowls of soup, depending on your portion size. Having lunch/dinner prepared ahead for the week makes it easier to not be ‘stuck’ and end up eating something that isn’t good for you! Meal-prepping is the key to success! This wholesome, organic, delicious vegetable soup will warm your belly while allowing your to consume over a dozen healthy, good-for-your immune system, nutritious veggies!
What you will need to cook this recipe!
**1 large organic sweet potato or 2 small sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes**
**1 organic bell pepper-chopped**
**1 organic zucchini -chopped**
**1 organic yellow squash-chopped**
**2 cups fresh organic spinach**
**1 small bag organic frozen corn**
**2 cups of rough chopped organic broccoli florets**
**12 oz of organic cremini mushrooms sliced**
**1 large organic sweet onion diced**
**3-4 large organic carrots chopped**
**4 organic celery ribs chopped**
**Good quality cooking Olive Oil**
**Celtic sea salt (to taste)**
**1/2 tsp curry powder**
**1/2 tsp dried thyme**
**1 tsp garlic powder**
**4 cups organic vegetable broth**
2 tablespoons lemon juice
**1 large can organic whole peeled tomatoes (cut up with kitchen shears into diced tomato size in can-saving juices.) Whole tomatoes have so much more flavor than washed-out diced can tomatoes.**
Jackie’s Vegetable Soup
- 1 large pot to cook soup
- 1 large organic sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 organic bell pepper chopped
- 1 organic zucchini chopped
- 1 organic yellow squash chopped
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1 small bag frozen organic corn
- 2 cups rough chopped organic broccoli florets
- 12 ounces organic cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 large organic sweet onion diced
- 3-4 large organic carrots chopped
- 4 organic celery ribs chopped
- 4 tablespoon good quality cooking olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon celtic unrefined sea salt or to taste 1 teaspoon reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large can organic whole peeled tomatoes save reserve juice, and dice whole tomatoes into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil in soup pot. Once the oil is shimmering, add onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms and 3/4 teaspoons of salt. Cook until onions are translucent and celery, carrots, and mushroom are tender. About 8-10 minutes.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil. Add in zucchini, squash, pepper and broccoli in and cook until tender. Once tender add garlic powder, dried thyme, and curry powder.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes along with reserved juice and cook until fragrant.
- Add diced sweet potato
- Add 4 cups vegetable brother and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes add the fresh spinach and corn. Cook another 5 minutes until wilted.
- Remove soup from heat. Remove bay leaves and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Season to taste with more salt and pepper. If you want a kick, you could add red pepper flakes.
What I used to make this soup!
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission. Know that I only recommend products, tools, services and learning resources I’ve personally used and believe are genuinely helpful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to purchase them. Most of all, I would never advocate for buying something that you can’t afford or that you’re not yet ready to implement.
Low Sodium organic vegetable broth that’s a perfect start to soups and side dishes. Simmered leeks, onions and garlic, with carrots, celery and vine-ripened tomatoes. Fat-free and gluten-free, suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets. Convenient resealable, twist open carton. Refrigerate after opening and use within 7 to 10 days. Keto Friendly
150+ banned colors, flavors, preservatives and other ingredients often found in food. No hydrogenated fats or high fructose corn syrup allowed in any food. No bleached or bromated flour.
This cutting board is amazing for cutting vegetables!!! Especially tomatoes. It is slanted, and has a lip on the edge. The juices from fruits and veggies go to the bottom of the cutting board, but the lip catches them. This board can be thrown right in the dishwasher. This makes me feel very safe after cutting lots of fruits and veggies on it. I throw it in the dishwasher, and I know it will come out 100% clean. I am on my 2nd cutting board, I love this one so much. Great gift!!! I could not do all my chopping without this board!
I use the splatter guard almost every single day!! A white kitchen is awesome, but can require lots of clean up. This shield is awesome, and can be put in the dishwasher!