Holiday Ice Cubes
What will I need to make these?
**Fresh Rosemary Sprigs**
**Large silicone ice cube tray**
Holiday Cranberry Ice Cubes
- 1 silicone large ice cube tray (obviously if you have more, you can make more faster!)
- 1 bag Fresh Organic Cranberries
- 1 pack Fresh Rosemary Sprigs!
- Fill each individual ice cube mold with half water. This is a very important step to only fill half full. Other wise all you fruit will be at the top of your ice cube.
- After you have half filled each individual ice cube mold half full with water, add 3-4 cranberries and a small sprig of fresh rosemary and then freeze.
- After the half filled cubes are frozen, add additional water and fruit so that the individual molds are full. Place in freezer.
- After they are frozen, pop out of silicone and place in a zip lock until ready to use. This allows you to continue to make more cubes!
What supplies did I use to make these?
Making these absolutely adorable ice cubes is very easy! There is just one trick to having your ice cubes come out the right way and I will totally share with you!
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission. Know that I only recommend products, tools, services and learning resources I’ve personally used and believe are genuinely helpful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to purchase them. Most of all, I would never advocate for buying something that you can’t afford or that you’re not yet ready to implement.
To start, you need the right kind of ice tray. I have two, but plan to get more in different shapes!. The first ice cube tray I have makes a little bit more of a large circular cube and the other is a large square cube tray. Click here to get them!
I was given my trays a while ago so mine are red! There are all kinds of cute molds and shapes available…the possibilities are endless!! These also make great gifts to add to gift baskets, or stocking stuffers!
A bottle of whisky and a pack of these molds would make an excellent gift for anybody! These aren’t only aimed for adult themed beverages. Make fun fruit filled ice cubes for your kiddos to enjoy all year long! There is something about a fruit filled ice cube that makes water seem just oh-so-delish!
If you fill the mold cups all the way and then add the fruit, the fruit will not be evenly distributed throughout the cube! I did this the first time I made them and you can see my mistake!
Here is the trick…fill the individual ice cube molds only half full with water and fruit, and then freeze. After they are frozen, add more water and fruit until they are full. This will allow your ice cubes to have even distribution of fruit!
Pictures do not do these ice cubes justice. They really shine when they are in something carbonated and bubbily. These turn a simple vodka soda into a beautiful vintage holiday cocktail. Happy Holidays – I hope you enjoy! Cheers!